Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blogging in August: Time to Scale Back



Dear Readers, 

I can't believe it, but it's already that time again: time to start preparing for the classes I'll be teaching this year. As much as I'd like to keep up a daily blogging schedule, I'm going to have to scale back my operation in order to make time for school prep. This means two changes: 
  1. Instead of publishing five posts each week (once every weekday), I'll probably only post two or three each week. The Friday dvar Torah will be my top priority, followed by "whatever I'm in the mood to write" blog posts. I'm really going to try to get into the habit of doing more short Mishlei posts, since those are easy to write. But I can't make any promises.
  2. Instead of making sure that new posts are up by the time New Yorkers get out of bed, I'm just going to post whenever I get around to it. I can't keep up with the time pressure of making sure that the next day's blog post is finished by the time I turn in for the night. I will post whenever is most convenient for me, no matter how irregularly that will be. Following me on Facebook is probably the easiest way to be notified when a new post goes up.
When the school year actually starts, I may have to return to my school-year schedule of one post each week, with the occasional miscellaneous post. We'll see. 

I think that's all I have to say for now. Thanks for reading! This blog would not be possible without you.

- Kol ha'Seridim

No comments:

Post a Comment